Chengdu University of Technology is located in Chengdu, a famous historical and cultural city known as “Jingguan City”. It was jointly established by the Sichuan Provincial People's Government and the Ministry of Land and Resources of the People's Republic of China and was selected as the “Central and Western University Foundation” in China. “Capacity Construction Project”, “Excellent Engineer Education and Training Program”, “National Construction High-level University Public Postgraduate Project”, “Sichuan 2011 Program”, one of the high-level talent training and scientific research bases in China, based on geology and energy , resource science, nuclear technology, environmental science as an advantage, the provincial key universities featuring chemical, materials, electronics, machinery, information science, management science and other disciplines.
Chengdu University of Technology was formerly known as the Chengdu Geological Exploration Institute established on March 15, 1956. In 1958, it was renamed as Chengdu Geological College. In 1960, the school began to recruit graduate students. In 1983, the school became the first batch of doctoral students after the national restoration degree system. In 1993, it was renamed Chengdu Institute of Technology; in 2001, the Ministry of Education approved the establishment of the University of Technology (combined Sichuan Commercial College and Nonferrous Metals Geological Staff College).